How is Ways to Wellness set up?
The Ways to Wellness Trust is a registered charitable foundation, and Ways to Wellness Ltd is the trading arm, which holds and manages contracts with service providers, social investors and the pre-existing Newcastle West CCG (now part of Newcastle Gateshead CCG).
Ways to Wellness Ltd acts as the central contract management body for the work. Its main roles are to:
- Hold a seven-year contract with the Newcastle West CCG (now part of Newcastle Gateshead CCG) whereby the CCG agrees to pay for the provision of social prescribing services to their patients. In return Ways to Wellness will demonstrate the value to patients and a reduction in the use of resources by the NHS in supporting them.
- Raise finance from and hold contracts with social investors whose investment will pay for the cost of the service in the early years ahead of the performance measures being achieved.
- Procure services via contracts with Service Providers who will employ Link Workers and deliver the Ways to Wellness service.
Ways to Wellness Ltd will also:
- Oversee and administer the patient referral process in the first two years.
- Provide some of the initial training for Link Workers to help embed the core values and performance management.
- Work with external evaluators who are interested in the Project.
We are hiring a Business Administration Assistant, at a salary of £16,500 - £17,500, to join our central office team in the west of Newcastle.Read more
I now have a totally different outlook