Our vision and values
Ways to Wellness is an innovation hub that brings people together to tackle health inequalities across the North East and North Cumbria.
We aim to:
- Create a space for people in different sectors to work together, having innovative and challenging conversations. We will proactively enable and support collaboration, involving the people we want to help.
- Be an independent organisation that demonstrates and supports the essential role the voluntary and community sector can play in delivering ground-breaking services and pioneering health and care transformation.
Our organisation’s objectives are to:
- Use our capacity and expertise to support and develop innovative programmes and prototypes that improve health and wellbeing.
- Support place-based working, building on existing local assets and enabling Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) organisations to take advantage of the opportunities offered by the creation of the North East and North Cumbria Integrated Care System.
- Use data and clear reporting to demonstrate impact and outcomes.
- Utilise our knowledge and experience to deal with non-standard funding and contractual arrangements, to support and risk manage innovative programmes of work.
What can we offer and how will we work?
We offer services from the development of an idea through to delivery and evaluation:
- Test and learn: initial testing of ideas and testing prototypes at scale.
- Development services: developing a business case, funding options and income generation, cross-sector contacts and partnership development, project modelling and budgeting.
- Delivery services: project consultancy and delivery (direct or in partnership).
- Impact and influencing: data analysis and research with bespoke data collection systems. Using what we learn to influence wider policy and practice and testing the potential for delivery at scale.
Prof David Hunter joins Ways to Wellness Board of TrusteesRead more
I felt my Link Worker was on the same wavelength as me and I could trust her to help me.