In response to the coronavirus, Ways to Wellness has adapted its social prescribing service delivery to continue to provide a service remotely to patients. All Link Workers have transitioned to home-based working, with appropriate data security in place. Link Workers are delivering telephone or video social prescribing services to current patients and accepting new referrals to the service.
Our Link Workers have adapted their role to respond to the unique needs that people are facing during this situation. In addition to continuing to support people to self-manage their health and wellbeing, several key areas of further support are being provided in response to the coronavirus:
- providing emotional and psychosocial support during isolation and loss of routines
- helping people to access provisions or supplies (e.g. food, medications)
- providing a crisis response – for example, with self-harm or domestic violence – involving other services as indicated
- informing and connecting people to emerging offers, for example helping them to register online for support
- helping patients to understand evolving government guidance and public health advice in order to apply it to their own situations
- helping patients understand changes to benefits and other financial aid